Thursday, December 21, 2006

All Us All the Time Buried in Snow

Snow Storm“...Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful and since we no place to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow”.

And boy is it ever in Colorado, they are predicting up to 26 inches for us on what they have already named “The Holiday Blizzard of 2006”. Guess I won’t be doing that last minute Christmas shopping today, which could be very bad news for my family. Technically though, I have until Sunday evening, right? Or in my case until 2pm on Sunday (Bronco kick-off time). Hopefully we will be thawed out by then.


Today though, like the song suggest, we should curl up in a fluffy soft fleece by the fire, with a good book or good movie (perhaps White Christmas?), and a warm beverage. Then just relax and enjoy the magic of the season. Unfortunately, I have someone else in my household that thinks we need to be out shoveling snow, which may I just add, is so NOT delightful. Oh well, at least when I come in I can still enjoy that warm beverage via my Cocoa Latte Maker, non-fat espresso eggnog. Even if it is not blizzard conditions where you live, you can still enjoy this delicious hot beverage:

Snow Storm
Espresso Eggnog (non-fat)

½ cup egg substitute
2 teaspoons vanilla syrup (can use regular or sugar free)
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup skim milk
1 13-ounce can of skim evaporated milk
½ cup of brewed espresso
Ground nutmeg

Whip egg substitute and vanilla syrup together and then combine with the skim milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, and espresso. Mix well. Then according to the directions on your Cocoa Latte Maker machine heat and froth beverage. Sprinkle on nutmeg before serving. Serves 3.

Optional: To spice things up with some holiday finesse, you can also insert a candy cane as a stirrer with this beverage. The candy cane will eventually melt down adding a pepperminty taste.

No comments: