Friday, September 29, 2006

All Us All the Time Gothic Stationery Sachets...We make gift giving ghoulish.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou," I said, "art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."
Edgar Allan Poe

The Raven is one of my favorite poems; in fact, Poe is the one who inspired me to try to become a writer. His prose and tales with rolling cadences are mesmerizing to me. I long to create that type of spell binding magic of Poe and that of which my sister captured perfectly in her Victorian Gothic Sachets. I can’t be objective on this at all; my sister designed an absolutely gorgeous stationery set based on this fine-feathered friend, Mr. “Nevermore” Raven. The color palette is simply stunning with deep purples, reds, and oranges. Like the poem, her cards are quite mesmerizing with a brilliant colored Gothic rose, a vase full of gold and blue cobweb feathers, two black ravens in flight carrying a feathered gown lit up by a fantastic harvest moon, are they the beginning or the end of a mysterious tale? Then of course Mr. “Nevermore” Raven himself, looking ever so stately perched on his gourds with purple top hat and feathered tails. All the cards are reproduced from my sister’s recent original watercolor paintings.

Victorian Gothic Stationery Sachet
The Gothic Sachet is just as stunning as the stationery. The fabric is gorgeous with a rose pattern in deep red, whimsical vines in purple, floral bouquets in silver and black, rusted red pinstripes, and of course it wouldn’t be complete without a touch of black velvet and the ribbon would be black velvet too. Each Gothic Sachet comes with 8 Gothic Greeting Cards, 8 Gothic note sheets, 8 black envelopes, and 2 gel pens, silver and gold. They will go perfect on that antique writing desk in your sleeping chambers of your 13th century castle. If you don’t have a 13th century castle, I am so very sorry, but they will look gorgeous no matter where you reside.

No comments: